"Choila" is very quick and easy recipe to make. It will taste even better if you use spring garlic but I was unable to find spring garlic and i substituted with scallions. There are different varieties of Choila and this is one of my friend's version. So, enjoy this recipe!!!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Boneless Chicken - 1/2 lb
- Scallions or Spring Garlic - 2
- Green Chilies - 1
- Onions & Tomatoes (Opitional) - Some Chopped
- Cilantro leaves - Few leaves
- Minced Ginger & Garlic - 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Chili Flakes - 1/2 Tsp
- Chili Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Vegetable Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi in Nepali) - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt - To your taste
1. Start by the cutting the chicken into long slices.
2. Heat up the nonstick frying pan and saute the chicken.
3. Flip the chicken slices in timely manner as this willÂ prevent it from burning.Â Repeat this process until its golden brown and fully cooked.
4. Once the chicken is golden brown let it cool down for few minutesÂ and cut the chicken slices into desired pieces and put it in a bowl.
5. Â ThenÂ add Scallions, Coriander leaves, sliced Green Chilies,Â some Onions, minced Ginger and Garlic, Chili powder,Â Cumin powder, Coriander powder, Chili flakes, Turmeric powder and Salt to your taste.
6.Â Now heat up the pan,Â add vegetable oil and Fenugreek seeds and make sure it turns black.Â This will prevent it from getting bitter taste.
7. You can fry tomatoes as well. (Optional)
8.Â Now pour it over the spices and mix it properly.
9. Chicken Choila is ready to be served.Â You can serve with flattened rice and some pickles.