Happy Monday everyone!!
I tried to makeÂ typical Golveda Kerau Achar (cooked tomato and peaâ€™s pickle) that is usually served during wedding partiesÂ in Nepal. I really loved how it easily blends withÂ Pulao or any other rice delicacies. It's spicy and at the same time tangy. It's just go as a side dish withÂ almost every rice dishes. There are so many Golveda Achar recipes out there but this particular one is the most favourite of mine. Let's get started with the recipe step by step.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 10-20 minutes
1. Chopped the fully riped Roma tomatoes.
2. Heat up the pan on high heat and add Canola oil.
3. Once it's Â heated add the green peas and stir it for a minute or so.
4. Add your chopped tomatoes into the pan,stir it and cover it with a lid for 3-5 minutes. Don't forget to stir it in between.
5. Once it's mushy in texture add your turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste,coriander and cumin powder.
6. Stir Â all spices together with the tomatoes and mash the tomatoes with spatula to give it a gravy texture.
7. Add about 1/4th cup of water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
8. Add your chopped cilantro into the pan and mix it together.
9. Now, Golveda,kerau Â ko achar is ready to be served with Pulao.